This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for the perfect St. Patty’s Day treat for your kiddo? These are simple and fun. If you’ve ever made the classic rice cereal treat, then you can make these too. I love making cereal treats and cutting them into fun shapes. I have one drawer in my fairly small kitchen completely filled with cookies cutters of all shapes and sizes. I really like the metal ones over plastic because they are stronger and more versatile. I’ve even make melted peppermint ornaments during the holidays with my metal cutters. Super fun!
Here are a few of my favorites!
The Shamrock, of course
I just got these because I realized my Easter set was getting tired.
I hope you have a great time with this recipe. Its one of our go to recipes every year.
Erin Go Braugh!
This super simple and fun treat is perfect for the classroom St. Patty's Day party or just a fun treat for home.
- 12 cups Lucky Charms Cereal
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 bag (16 ounces) Mini-Marshmallows
- Nonstick Cooking Spray, such as Pam
- Parchment Paper
- Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, or lay out a large piece of parchment paper
- In a large pot or stock pot, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Once fully melted, add the marshmallows, and stir.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and slowly add the cereal to the melted marshmallow folding until all the cereal is coated in marshmallow. (You'll want to do this fairly quickly before the marshmallow mixture gets too cold)
- Spread the mixture with a flat baking spatula until its in an even layer. This can be in the shallow baking dish or on the parchment paper. If needed, spray the spatula with cooking spray to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Use a fun shaped cookie cutter to make shapes. You can reshape and flatten the cereal treats as needed to cut additional shapes.
Leave a Reply