This is a new recipe for us, as my regular banana bread is not as healthy. It has so much sugar, the top gets a gorgeous glitter crust. That super yummy but definitely not good for our bodies recipes is going to be saved for special occasions and company because this healthier banana bread is also super delicious and much better for us. At some point, I’ll share my not so healthy but super delicious banana bread recipe, but y’all will have to wait for a special occasion for me to make it again. 🙂
Healthier Banana Bread
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup organic all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan with oil or cooking spray (your preference)
- Mix together all ingredients, except the flour in a medium mixing bow until well combined and smooth.
- Add the fresh blueberries and stir to combine.
- Fold the flour into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. (Mine was about 1/2 full, but you could also do two small loaf pans, if desired.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply